Monday, July 5, 2010

My first Half Marathon!


I did it! I ran and completed my 1st half marathon!

As many of you know last year I really got into racing and over the 2009 season I completed the following: 1 mile race, 4 5ks, 2 10ks, a 12k, a duathlon and a triathlon. For 2010 I set my eyes on completing a half marathon. I signed up months ago to run the Rock n Roll Seattle Half Marathon with my sister Heather. I trained for months and months doing nothing but Crossfit and Crossfit Endurance. Finally the weekend came and I flew up to Seattle, where Heather and I headed downtown to pickup our race packets.


Saturday was the big day and it started early. 4aqm early! Yikes. Anyways we headed downtown to catch the shuttle bus to the starting line. Anticipation was setting in and I was so excited/nervous to get this show on the road. Finally at 7am the race began! It was about 7:30ish or so when my wave finally started. My goal going into this race was to get as close to 3 hours as possible (I'm a slow runner). Well, I am happy to say that my finish time was 3 hours 4 min 59 sec! I did it! I felt great and was so excited to have accomplished this huge goal. I did great throughout the race too and it really wasn't until mile 12.5 that I started to hit that wall. Luckily the finish line was quickly in site and I pushed it out to the end.

1 comment:

Ri said...

Yay Lori!! Way to persevere and finish that goal!! Great pictures.