Monday, July 5, 2010

Hiking Cache Lake

This last Saturday my friend Andrew and I hiked to Cache Lake. Cache Lake is about a 12 mile hike to a gorgeous lake sitting at the base of a gorgeous mountain.

The day started a little cloudy, with glimpses of sun peaking out every once in awhile. The day ended up being gorgeous, warm and sunny! Yeah!

After we got to the lake, looked around a little, did some bird watching and ate lunch we decided to take a little nap. There's nothing better than napping on a sunny day in a mountain meadow.


After napping for what we think was an hour or so we eventually headed back out on the trail after taking a few more pictures.


On the hike back out Andrew and I took our time. We spent times identifying trees and trying to teach me the difference between the pine trees, we saw and watched a black bear for awhile, came across a Great Grey owl and watched it for a long time and then saw beavers! It was like a National Geographic Day!


Cache lake has moved up to one of the top on my list of favorite hikes to do in Yellowstone. I love summer days like this one and can't wait for our next adventure.

No comments: