Sunday, September 21, 2008

Idaho Women's Fitness Celebration



Well, the race was yesterday and I DID IT!!!!!!! It was pouring down rain, lightning and thundering but let up a little during the actual race. I ran the entire 3.1 miles and was very proud of myself. There were a couple sections, especially at the top of the huge hill, that I wanted to stop and walk. I never did though, usually that is when I would channel Stephen and Ryan into my head and their motivation and words of encouragement they are always giving helped me along. Hearing Heather cheering me on from the sideline as I sprinted the last few yeards helped a lot too. A year ago, when I walked this race, I would have never imagined I would be running the entire thing this year. Now it is time to start training for the next couple of events which are in April and May. These include a sprint triathalon in April, Bloomsday the start of May and a Crossfit Washington competion in mid-May.

The pictures above are of my sister Heather and I and the other picture is of my friend Jamee and I.

No comments: