Saturday, July 26, 2008

Ch..ch...ch...changes!


Changes are happening and I couldn't be happier! In April I set several goals in relation to my health, weight and fitness. If you read below you would know that my first fitness goal was to run a mile, which I accomplished and am now working towards running a 5k. Well, my first weight goal was to lose 25 lbs. I hit this mark about a week ago and before I got around to posting the news I lost more weight and have now lost 30 lbs total! THIRTY pounds! I couldn't be happier and more thrilled with my acomplishments. This week I have also really started to notice the changes in my shape (the fact that my clothes seem to fall off me could be a clue). It's crazy thinking back to the person I used to be and all the changes I have gone through since moving back here to Boise. For years I would read all the health and fitness magazines, read all the books, purchase the DVD's and start fitness plan after plan. Nothing ever lasted long and I would end up just dreaming of one day getting fit again. I am not sure how my switch finally got turned on, but it did, and I am more motivated and determined that I ever imagined I could be. I love setting goals for myself and working hard to accomplish them. I love going to the gym and working out hard. I love running. I love sweating. I love being able to play soccer agin and I love getting skinnier! I also love motivating other people through my own experiences and hard work.

I have a clear picture in my mind of how I am going to look and am excited to start working towards that next goal. In the words of Ali (Biggest Loser Season 5 winner) Believe It, Be It!

3 comments:

Brent and AmberLee's Family said...

I like that song!

Wow, congrats! That is a major accomplishment. I'm sure it wasn't a piece of cake every day, way to go!

kitkat said...

Awesome job! Your are inspiring, I too hope that my workouts will become addicting and not so troublesome.

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you!