Thursday, November 4, 2010

The First Snow and Dog sitting

My first Monday here is snowed. Actually it started snowing on Sunday night and I think is stopped sometime on Tuesday. In all I think it snowed about a foot and a half! Oh my, I could be in for a crazy winter with lots of snow.

This week I also was pet-sitting for my friends the Robinsons who live in a house at Jackson Lake Dam. Let's just say it was quite an adventure. The three cats were actually not too much of a problem. The problem all laid with the deaf, half blind and VERY old dog. The dog barked almost 100% of the 4 days I was watching him. He was barking when I left for work, barking when I came home, barking the WHOLE night through. And by WHOLE night, I mean the ENTIRE night! Grrrr.... Then came the adventures of cleaning up after him, feeding him (he will only eat heart)and getting him to go to the bathroom. In most places letting your dog outside to go to the bathroom is hardly an adventure. In most places though you are not living in the woods, a few miles from the closest house, in over a foot of snow and trying to fight off a fox who just wants to eat the dog as a snack. Oh my! Needless to say I went into Jackson the day I finished pet-sitting and treated myself to dinner with a friend.

1 comment:

Ri said...

Wow check out all that snow! Brr... an early start. And you weren't kidding about that fox!