Sunday, January 31, 2010

Winter fun


This winter I have been cross country skiing several times. I love skiing and being out in the mountains and snow. A few weeks ago I took my friend Marie with me up to Ponderosa State Park. She had never been cross country skiing before so it was a learning experience for her. I think, and hope, she had a lot of fun. I think it was just the few downhill slopes that she didn't like. I loved it! It was a gorgeous day in McCall and they have great trails.

Well, this weekend I went snowshoeing with Marie. This is the winter activity that she usually participates in. So, since she tried cross country skiing I figured I could try snowshoeing. We headed up to Bogus Basin about noon-ish and had a great time. The trail starts at the Nordic Center and then heads off into the woods and the fresh powdery snow. I enjoyed it, of course it's basically hiking in the winter so what's not to love.

1 comment:

Ri said...

Lori I had a great time XC skiing with you and your mom! I love trying new sports, and while they all can't be the favorite ;-) it was fun to hang out with you guys and finally experience the kind of skiing so many of my friends enjoy. Thanks for taking me along.