Sunday, January 31, 2010

January Cooking

One of my 2010 resolutions was to cook 1-2 new recipes a month. Well, this month I've actually tried 5 new recipes!

1. First up was Pina Colada Chicken with Calypso Confetti Cauliflower. I got the recipe from The Clothes Make the Girl blog. She is a crossfitter in Texas and eats a paleo (Caveman) diet. This dish was so delicious, healthy and easy to make.

2. I also made a Faux Peanut sauce from the same website above. The sauce was faux because it uses sunbutter instead of peanut butter. Yum.

3. I made Beef Roulade one night for my mom and Ed using a recipe from The Food Network Magazine. It turned out good but I learned a few things for next time. Mostly I learned that I really did need to roast the peppers first (makes for easier rolling) and that I need to pound out the meat thinner. This recipe was the first time I had cooked with or ate leeks though. They were good, I never realized they were in the onion family.


4. Earlier this week I made Poblano Chicken with Verde Sauce. It was so good! The recipe was from Mark's Daily Apple and was real easy to make. I did make one variation though. Instead of making a verde sauce I just used bottled verde salsa. This summer when we have tomatoes I may try making the full version.

5. The last new recipe I tried this month was for Smore Cupcakes from Bakerella. They were delicious but didn't turn out well. They basically had to be eaten with a spoon. After some asking around I think the problem (the centers of the cupcakes completely dropped) was that I took them out of the over to early and the marshmallows themselves. I might experiment and try them again soon.

1 comment:

Mere said...

Yay!!! Another friend that has a blog - keep up the blogging, I love to read about it! I have added you to my list of blogs. The S'more cupcakes look really yummy.