Thursday, February 3, 2011

Cross country skiing


So far this winter I have only been out on my skis once. Most weekends I am either really busy with other things or the weather is horrible. Well, a few weekends ago we had just absolutely gorgeous weather. It was in the 30s and the sun was shining. Of course I was down in Jackson grocery shopping. Luckily the weather stayed nice most of the day and I drove back home as quick as I could. I ran into my place, threw my gear on, grabbed my skis and headed out. I figured the food would keep for an hour or so while I was skiing since it was cold enough outside. I drove to the Signal Mountain trailhead, about 5 minutes from where I live, and headed out. I skied as long as I could while the sun was still out and ended up back at my car just as it was setting. It was a great day to be out on skis and hopefully I will have more days like this soon.

No comments: