Saturday, August 8, 2009

Y Not Tri



This past Thursday I participated in my first triathlon, the Y Not Tri. The race was a 1/4 mile swim at Parkcenter Pond, a 6 mile bike ride and a 2 mile run. I finished in 1 hour, 12 minutes and 59 seconds. I was pleased with my time even if it was slow, just means I have lots of room for improvement for the next one.

The swim was what i was most worried about since I rarely swim. It went well though, I just stayed slow and steady the whole time. Now swimming while hitting other people and getting hit yourself was interesting. The bike portion did not go well at all because I had a flat tire. I went ahead and rode on it anyways because I was not about to quit the race. It made for some hard, slow cycling. The run was hard at first, getting your legs back under you, but from there it went fine.

Oh, and did I mention it had rained the whole day and throughout the race?

No comments: