Saturday, June 28, 2008

Main Street Mile


Well, if you have been around me or talked to me recently you would know that I have completely changed my life around since moving back to Boise, and in more ways than one. One of those ways has been taking charge and getting fit and healthy again. I typically work out 6 days a week and am watching the pounds melt off and the muscles grow. I have also never felt better and LOVE being active again. Anyways, I have set several goals for my journey. The first of these goals to run 1 mile without walking. I set the date for last night which was the Main Street Mile in downtown Boise. The Main Street Mile is a 1 mile charity race for Mens Prostate Health. My family joined my Dad and the J105 team and my race day was set. Chad has been working me hard the last month or so, running a mile to half mile after each workout. I had never ran the entire mile, I usually would have to slow and walk part of it. But, I felt more than prepared for the race and was determined to complete the mile and my first goal.

Well, I am happy to say that I DID IT!!!!!!! I may have been the last person to finish in my heat (only b/c a few nameless people cheated!) but I never once slowed down and I never once gave up. I gave it my all and came across the finish line a winner in my eyes. Now on to the next goal.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job, Lori! I am so happy for you!

Brent and AmberLee's Family said...

Congrats, Lori! I seriously think that just getting back into running is the hardest part. We ran the main street mile two years ago! It is a fun race. I love downtown Boise.

ReeSe said...

Hey Lori!! That's awesome! I'm so glad to hear you are loving the workout thing and running. Now that you are in Boise you gotta take on Robie too! :)